[at-l] Jennifer Phar-Davis

Black Wolfe blackwolfe at charter.net
Fri Jul 22 13:43:01 CDT 2011

Dawg says: I just can't wrap my mind around not having time to stop for one
pic. Nope. Can't do it.

It's not one picture, Dawg.  It's one picture multiplied by however many
people she passes on the trail.

a'bear

Humankind (be both)

It has to do with focus.  A "normal" through hiker needs to focus on moving
8 to 20 miles up the trail a day.  That is only 4 to 10 hours a day at 2
miles per hour.  Her schedule was much more demanding and required much more
focus.  Distractions from that focus can result in failure to accomplish
one's goal.

It may not be my hiking style, but I do have to salute her achieving her
goal.  That paticular type of goal is something that is out of my grasp now.

Black Wolfe
Bruce W.