[at-l] advice needed

Mary Morgan Ryan marymorganryan at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 09:00:48 CDT 2011

Hello all,

I am taking a group of Girl Scouts on a section hike next summer, 2012.  The Girl Scouts are celebrating their 100th anniversary next year and a council in VA is promoting hiking the AT in honor of the occasion.

We want to begin in Harpers Ferry, WV because we can take the train from Chicago right to the trail and there is a hostel to stay in before and after our trek.

I purchased the official AT maps both going north and south from Harpers Ferry.  I just joined this listserv to see if any of you could point me to sources of information that might help me plan this trip.

I can tell that most posters are veterans and I am clearly not, so any advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Mary Morgan Ryan
Cadette Troop 42803
Oak Park, IL