[at-l] Columbus discovered America

Warren Doyle warrendance at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:24:23 CDT 2011

Apparently Mr. Bullard's reading comprahension is different from mine. In my
original and only post of this subject (which is below), I don't see
anything that would be a "denigration of others". Let's make it clear: I did
not sponsor Mr. McNeeley's report neither did I make it public. It's
findings are contraversial (like the first person who stated that the sun,
not the earth, was the center of the universe) and will upset many Earl fans
and believers but let's separate the message from the messenger.
In my mind, this is what is clear:
1) Earl was the first to walk most, but not all, of the existing
white-blazed Appalachian Trail. He did not walk in one unbroken continuous
stretch from north Georgia to Katahdin.
2) On his third AT hike, he walked most, but not all, of the existing
white-blazed Appalachian Trail. He did not walk in one unbroken continuous
stretch from Springer to Katahdin.
3) Earl was also known to make highly critical comments about Grandma
Gatewood on numerous occasions.
And, those are the facts whether you like them or not.
Happy trails!