[at-l] ATC 2000-miler patch; Re: Point A

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Tue Jul 5 12:28:20 CDT 2011

The ATC application for a patch commemorating completion of the trail says
(in part): "... those who apply for 2000-miler status have hiked all of the
A.T. between Katahdin and Springer Mountain...".  The applicant signs the
application after the affirmation: "I, <applicant's name>, verify that I
have hiked the entire length of the Appalachian Trail."

They allow for "emergencies" and "honest effort to hike the entire trail
even if  [the hiker] does not pass every white blaze".

Its really very simple!!   :)