[at-l] John Mountain Lion Mellencamp

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Tue May 18 07:55:03 CDT 2010

This isn't much of an article (looks like it isn't all there,
yet)...but, interesting. at least to me...cuz,I live about 15 miles from
the sighting:

Bloomfield -- Those who live near the Southern Indiana spot where a
mountain lion has been confirmed say there's been talk for years about
sightings of the animals.

Bloomfield hunter's supply store owner Tom Colvin says he doesn't
believe many of those stories but is certain the big cats are in the
area's woods.

The state Department of Natural Resources confirmed a cougar in rural
Greene County through a May 1 photograph taken by a motion-sensitive
camera. A mountain lion was confirmed last year in neighboring Clay
County after no documented sightings in the state since the 1860s.

Greene County resident Dick Wood says he saw what looked to be a
mountain lion trot across the street at night this month.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98