[at-l] Stoves and fuel

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:21:30 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Teresa French Wench
<WenchAT03 at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I used an "open" alcohol stove and loved it.  I made numerous can stoves,
> was given a stove or two, and bought a cat food can stove made my Swede
> Hansen (available on Florida Trail Association's web-store at
> http://www.floridatrail.org/OBM/Other-Items/95/Detailed-product-flyer.html ).

Hot dog used a tin Man Pepsi can stove that was so old that it didn't
have a serial # on it.

You should have seen George's eyes light up when he saw it at the
Springer Shelter. He tried to buy it back from him. Didn't work.

It was 3-26-05. That was an amazing night. A planter's moon. As we
were going towards the top of Springer, the sun and moon were exactly
across from each other, and it felt like magic. I couldn't decide
which one to watch. I was glad not to be driving!

I'm pretty sure that was the last time that I rode to the top of
Springer. That first 8 miles is so much a part of it, at least to me.