[at-l] a few thoughts

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 16:15:20 CST 2009

 Hi all...

Still scanning AT-L....

QUICK AT OVERVIEW:  Planning for the trip can be like drinking from a firehose! This Q&D guide may
make initial planning a  little simpler:  http://bit.ly/3Tdip8

STOVES:  Read this.  gives an overview of the stove types. Like all equipment, there is no BEST..just
best for your hiking style, time of the year, personal preference, etc:
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Backpacking-and-Hiking-documents/stove_comparison.html

FEEL LIKE QUITTING?
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Outdoor-Writings/ol_199at.html

Finally, never mind on the trail...here's a take on POST and PRE trail adjustment. It's the pre trail adjustment
the kills me.. :O
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Outdoor-Writings/post-trail.html

As Jim said, those who are repeat offenders tend to be very daft. God knows I am.  Just when
I think I am normal again, something happens (usually because of me) that reminds me
many of us belong on the  "Island of Misfit Toys" rather then polite society...

Yeah..they are mainly links to my website. I've done a lot of writing over the years.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art
http://www.facebook.com/pmags