[at-l] Stoves and fuel

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:18:27 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Tom McGinnis <sloetoe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 11/3/09, Cody Girl <codycodygirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remember -- the ones with more open construction will be easier to light,
> and will require more fuel.
>
> ignitoe

Also remember that the tighter the wind/heat screen, the less alcohol
you use. 1/2" per side is about perfect for alkyhol.

Just like the AT-L, except in a couple of orders of magnitude,
Whiteblaze.net offers a lot of socializing, arguing, how-to advice,
camping and hiking talk. The main reason that I don't go there any
more is that it's just too freaking big to keep up with--and it brings
out the arguer in me.

Useful sections on Whiteblaze:
Cooking and Food: http://bit.ly/CookingFood
Ultra Lite Hikers forum: http://bit.ly/UltraLite
Homemade Gear Forum: http://bit.ly/HomemadeGear

Like most hikers, the folks in the how-to forums will be happy to help
newbies. Be aware that some folks spend their time online as trolls,
but they are easy to spot very quickly.

I've made A LOT of stoves. If you want to ask questions in this forum,
I'm certain that I, and many others, will be happy to help you. Have
fun!

FrankenLooper

P.S. I don't think that you have to join to see the forums, but you do
have to join to post--like most places, duh. :-)