[at-l] WAS sleeping bag?

Amy Forinash amy at forinash.net
Tue Nov 3 09:49:23 CST 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:52 AM, Cody Girl wrote:

> Thanks hiker for your thoughtful response.  I would very much
> appreciate anyone who wants to share their stories of the most
> difficult challenges they faced.   It would be beneficial to have a
> complete and realistic picture of the what to expect and I have SO
> MUCH to learn!

I've only done month long hikes, so take this with a grain of salt.

One year, my biggest problem was unceasing rain.

One year, my biggest problem was loneliness.  Turns out I don't so
much like hiking alone anymore.

One year, my problem was Lyme Disease.

None of them sent me home very early.  Generally I got off the trail
at the most convenient pickup point closest to the end of my scheduled
time off.  :)

Things that happened but weren't big problems for me:  dislocated
bones, poison ivy, stomach flu, big blisters, foot pain.

-amy