[at-l] Stoves and fuel

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:20:43 CST 2009

This is one of those topics that I'm in WAY over my head!  Never owned a
stove, don't know much about them.  What I know is what the REI guy showed
me last week, that's it.  He showed me cannister types and white gas types
where you refill the tank.  He was really pushing the cannister because it's
so simple.  I'm not thrilled with the idea of carrying cannisters, either
full or especially empty, and I think they cannot be recycled?  Not exactly
sure about that.  One person has recommended Caldera Cone system, which I
will see in a couple of weeks.  Other than that, nada.  I don't know a thing
and I'm a little nervous that I might blow something up.

Anybody want to do a basic primer?  Then I can get to advanced stoves,
including beer cans, starbucks cans, etc as have been discussed here.

Thanks!
Tortoise