[at-l] Never. Re: sleeping bag?

Frank Looper nightwalker.at at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:18:40 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM,  <rcli4 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I do not recommend wanting to hike so bad that you hike 10 miles on a broken
> leg.  Your Dr. will call you an idiot.  Did you know you can die of a broken
> leg?  I didn't.  Evidently there is a vein that goes next to your bone that
> don't like to be cut.
>
> Clyde

For me it was spraining both ankles on the way down from Katahdin. I
decided that I needed to be tough and walk through the pain. By the
time I got to Monson, my ankles were near-cantaloupe sized. I should
have quit right away, but then I'd have missed Chairback, Rainbow
Lake, Whitehouse and the loons. And that would have been missing a
LOT!

In return, I got a wonderfully illegal photo of the sun going down
while I was still above treeline on Katahdin. And I also got something
most people don't ever get, which is a summit picture on Katahdin--and
the view that goes with it.