[at-l] Never. Re: sleeping bag?

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 16:45:42 CST 2009

### It's not a question of strolling out in the woods and having to be happy, zen, one-with-nature, David. (If that were the question, I'd be first in knocking at your door.) The question is of how to walk from Georgia to Maine. (Or vice versa.) Liteshü and Hotdog walked in a year when Noah was expected to be paddling around the corner -- that's tough stuff. I walked when dinosaurs roamed the earth. None of us was sufficiently willing to quit, to actually quit. Felix will stroll in about now and say that his hike was a romp in the woods for 2000 miles -- and then he'll regale us about ice storms and 5° days with "shorts" and how nothing would stop them (the rush of SOBOs)..... And eventually, JimO will pop up and say "We're all nuts anyway." But quitting ain't there -- if you have license to quit when you start, you likely will. If you want to argue the point, start a hike with that attitude first.