[at-l] sleeping bag?

trailr at aol.com trailr at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 08:51:44 CST 2009

My longest trip before my Thru was one 3 day trip (it was a failed 5 day trip). My thru was a series of 4 day trips, with one 7 day trip thrown in to see what it was like.

I used a 15 degree down bag. You just need to be able to make it through the night warm, even if you have to put all your clothes on.
I love my down bag, but liked Wenches synthetic one when it dried her out over night. I spent LOTS of money on gear to keep it light, but more important was "keep your head in the hike", and  Know the realities you are going to face.  AND don't give up because you are having a bad day! You WILL have a bad day, and you WILL get over it. NEVER quit in town, hike out and you will feel better.

Enough for now. Just do it! LOL.

Hotdog