[at-l] The Appalachian Outfitters thing

JJJ jplynch at crosslink.net
Sun Nov 1 11:29:13 CST 2009

I'm glad that the situation is being resolved.  However, let me make a small side-note about something you said Frank ("not one outfitter in ten would have tried as hard as he has to make up for a past problem.").
    I can't imagine dealing with a supplier more than once who wouldn't take something back that wasn't right, no questions asked.  I buy a lot of stuff from places like LL Bean and they, have on occasion, literally begged me to send something back (something that I had just flat worn out; nothing wrong with it, I had it many years and it just wore out), and I can't count the number of zippers they've replaced on totes and luggage.  I once sent some boots back that didn't quite fit, they had got stuck in the back of my closet for years, and when they finally saw the light of day, I packed them up, sent them back (had no idea of where the receipt was or when I had bought them).  They did the research and refunded what I had paid for them.  They're a bit pricey, but certainly set the bar for customer service imho.