[at-l] No Journal Host Yet?

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 08:45:21 CST 2007

LOL - This isn't spam so much as a potentially (but not really) misplaced
post that just "feels" like spam.

If you look at the postholer site, it makes it look like this message should
have been sent to the pct-l and cdt-l mailing lists, not the AT mailing
list.  There are PCT and CDT options on the home page but no AT option.  I
suspect AT thruhikers would have more incentive to post their journals there
if the site looked like the site was also designed for AT hikers.  (Hint,
hint.  Where's the map? Etc.)

You have to click on Journals to find a place to post an AT journal.

As Sly said, email truly designed to look as if it came from Ryan would have
had Ryan's email address and name, not the postholer email address.  It is
possible to spoof email addresses but highly frowned upon and it was clearly
not the intention to assume Ryan's identity in this case.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor