[at-l] One Love Note Ginny

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 12:41:47 CST 2007

--- Jim and/or  Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com>
wrote: I
> may prefer sunshine - but the drizzly foggy days
> remind me of hiking the AT, and those memories are
good ones. ...  Even burned forests can have an eerie
> beauty.  It's all good.
> Ginny

### I'm right with you, Ginny. My problem was how to
reconcile these things. And what I came up with is
that the stronger "I" feel (food or safety-wise), the
more aesthetic attraction I feel for what's around me.
The burned forest (a great example) is so often made
more beautiful by the little sprigs of green pushing
out of blackened stumps, or the little birds looking
to spread seeds hopping from twig to twig, chirping
merrily away "This is MY section of the burned out
forest, and I'm gonna be LOUD about it!" Those sprigs
and twigs and birds represent a resurgent life which,
were we hungry, would be a welcome sight.

### And when I don't find things beautious? I don't
blame the weather, that's for sure. [!!!] That's what
I wanted to resolve.

'toe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.