[at-l] New Study re glucosamine condroitin

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:58:28 CDT 2007

I've been taking glucosamine for years, initially only glucosamine but
after a while a combo with chondroitin & MSM. I had severe knee pain
in my left knee for over 6 months prior to starting the glucosamine.
It went away within a matter of weeks after I started. Some people,
like Jan, report it taking several months to work.

It is my understanding that chondroitin produces only about 15% of the
effect and it requires the glucosamine to work. Allegedly the
glucosamine produces the other 85% of the effect. I can't vouch for
MSM. I buy the combo that is available when I need some. Sometimes
that has MSM in it, sometimes not. I haven't noticed any difference
between the MSM/no MSM combos. YMMV. Currently I'm taking a liquid
form that I mix with my morning OJ <http://www.drinkables.com/>.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/