[at-l] "Special" AT trees...

Pete Randrup hardhead at 1956.usna.com
Fri Apr 13 07:54:35 CDT 2007

No, I don't believe that the Indian natives had cause to
mark their properties.  Rather than being focused on the
individual, they were a commune.  The land and its
fruits were community land, community tended, and
community harvested.

Those rock walls came about when individual farmer
was tending his own fields  Then it was only a case of
Yankee principle

The rocks were at hand . . . actually in the way.  So the
Yankee farmers removed them from their otherwise
tillable land and used them as walls that enclosed their
properties.

It goes along with the New England spirit:

   Use it up
   Wear it out
   Make it do
   Do without

Have a nice day -- Spot a tunnel of bent tree trunks.

DewDrop