[at-l] "Special" AT trees...

pudscrawler at aol.com pudscrawler at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 20:36:01 CDT 2007

I don't buy the idea that the trees were deformed intentionally by human hands.  Even if I did though, it seems to me that a primary source of information would be the Cherokee themselves.  Many eluded the US soldiers who "helped" them to their new homes in Oklahoma.  Their descendants are everywhere, but, as a tribe, they are located on the Cherokee reservation at Cherokee, North Carolina.  They are very careful to record and preserve their history.  Surely such a practice as bending tree growth for markers would be common knowledge among them.  Lawdy, lawdy, why not just ask?

Sawnie
(Kinnickinic)