[at-l] "Special" AT trees...

Sanne aka Ready readyhiker at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:32:23 CDT 2007

I don't recall my source for this, but I recall
being told that (especially in the NY-CT area)
farmers used this practice to indicate the
boundaries of their lands. Cheaper than fences I
guess. Whether it's a practice learned from
Native Americans or carried over from the "Old
Country," I do not know.

Ready

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/stories/20070411/localnews/166713.shtml