[at-l] Vonnegut dies

Bror8588 at aol.com Bror8588 at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 07:50:43 CDT 2007

In a message dated 2007-04-12 07:47:43 Eastern Daylight Time,
athiker at smithville.net writes:

I see  that my favorite author, Kurt Vonnegut, has passed away. That
saddens me a  bit. Rumor has it my grandfather is about to do the same.
That'll  sadden me, too.

It is sad to separate from the familiar and the very close people in our
families.  We lose something and the loss leaves us empty.  Even the
anticipation of loss can be stressful and cause us pain.  Some assuage  their loss by
thinking that they will see the lost person in another life.   Perhaps this is
true but my own practice is to attempt to remember them; all the  humor,
poignancy, anger, love, etc., from my contact with them.  I have  regrets about not
asking questions about history and experiences but there is  nothing to be done
about that now except to inquire of others who may have known  them.  In
terms of Kurt Vonnegut, I can read his books and learn about him  from biographies
written about him.  I last saw Kurt Vonnegut on March 13th  at La
Mediterranie, a little French Bistro on Second Avenue in NYC -- less than  a month ago
(by one day).  Life goes on.  Children are born as old  people die and life goes
on.  We who feel the loss of losing loved ones  also know the joy of
celebrating new life.

Skylander