[at-l] FW: FW: Winter bags/claustrophobia

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:20:26 CST 2006

I thik your brother might be interested in a quilt.  These are not the
quilts you use on your bed, rather they are designed in mummy form somewhat
like sleeping bags.  Nunatak has one that goes down to 5 degrees.

http://www.nunatakusa.com/

There are no zippers and if your brother doesn't toss and turn too much, I
think these are reasonable options.  With any luck, forgoing the zipper may
alleviate the phobic reaction and should it strike, he can get out more
easily than with a zipper.

Your brother might also want a down hood as quilts don't have attached hoods
like other sleeping bags.

FWIW, the coldest Nunatak bags would not be warm enough for winter camping
in the Whites so please be sure to understand the conditions you expect to
use the bag in before you purchase...

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor