[at-l] Holy salamandar, batman

Felix athiker at smithville.net
Wed Nov 22 20:09:57 CST 2006

I saw a spotted salamander yesterday. I can tell you one thing with no
reservation: That spotted salamander did not like being out and 'about' at 20-
some degrees!!!  It was sunny, but very chilly, in that little pine grove just
south of highway 41. He could barely raise his head to look at me as I poked
him with a stick.

Another thing...the oddest thing I did on this little hike (I think) was that
I hiked for over 4 miles with my left boot untied. Not just loose...untied.
Untied and dragging boot laces...for four miles. The right boot was untied,
too...but, not for 4 miles.

Another thing...it sure does get dark early...5 o'clock is pretty much dark
dark. That gives about 8 hours of hiking light a day. That isn't
much...considering that gives you 15+ hours of darkery a day.

Do you think there'll be more? Do you?

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98