[at-l] Mail drops

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Fri Nov 17 05:16:53 CST 2006

I did mail drops on my through hike and fell into the trap of using
USPS.  Nothing wrong with them, but as Art mentioned, I got stuck
once or twice due to holiday closings, etc.  If I were to do it
again, I'd only use a mail drop for those items that I could not
easily obtain locally.  Items such as medicine, specialty food, gear
swaps, etc. I felt that having a place I had to  be, even  if on my
own terms, was a requirement that made me feel somewhat
constrained.  Of course that is just me, and we are all different,
thank goodness!  I could not take too many of me!  ;-)

As they say, YMMV

Mainframe